How to batch create PDF files
You will only increase your efficiency when you learn how to batch create PDF files. Any file that can be printed to paper can also be converted into the PDF format. With the batch create process, you can take any number of files, regardless of format, and turn them all into PDFs at the same time.
Picture a scenario where you have a folder containing over a hundred unique Microsoft Word files. Each contains separate policies outlining the operations of your workplace. You want these files in the PDF format so you can easily secure them, but unfortunately you do not have the time to go one by one.
This is where a batch create tool will make a huge difference. You will create a list of all the files that need to become PDFs and convert them simultaneously. This time-saving hack can also help you out with household tasks like digitizing past records of utility bills.
Please note, knowing how to batch create PDF files will not result in combining multiple files into a single PDF. Instead, each file will become its own unique PDF document.
All PDF editors will include a “virtual printer” during installation, and this is used for creating PDFs from other file types. Using a program like Soda PDF, batch creating PDFs is a straightforward task.
Method 1 – How to batch create PDF files using Soda PDF
- Open the Create Tab.
- Choose Batch Create.
You’ll create a list of the files that will be converted to PDF. As you go through your computer you’ll see any file that can be converted, regardless of format.
- Click one of the buttons under Choose files you want to batch convert.
- Add Files… will let you pick individual files.
- Add Folder… will grab every file in the folder at once.
The files will be listed out in this window. You’ll see the name of the file next to an icon for its format. They will convert in the same order they appear in this list.
- Use the arrows to move the selected file up or down.
- Click on Delete to remove the selected file from the list.
- Click Browse… under Save Converted Documents to if you want to change the destination of your newly created PDFs.
- You can check the box next to Open PDF Files after creation to review your PDFs after conversion.
- The files will open in Soda PDF after the Soda PDF has created them.
- You can also check the box next to Open Original files if you want to compare the originals against your new PDFs.
- Click Batch to create your PDFs.
You will be kept up to date on the progress of the file conversions.
- Click STOP to cancel the batch create process at any time.
Once Soda PDF has finished its task, you’ll see the popup below.
- Click OK.
Method 2 – How to batch create PDF files with drag & drop.
You can drag and drop multiple files into Soda PDF to batch create multiple PDFs. This option is available with any program that comes with a virtual printer.
- Open the Windows Explorer and go to your files.
- Select the files you want to convert to PDF.
- Hold down the left mouse button over one of the files and drag your cursor.
- Release the mouse button over the Soda PDF application or desktop icon.
You’ll see the batch create process start immediately.